Here’s the first of a new weekly series I’ll be creating based on the Desert Island Discs of consequential people. The first is Dirk Bogarde. You can listen to all of the songs (bar Oscar Straus) on the playlist I created on Spotify of these songs. Go here.
Broadcast on the 28th September 1964.
1. Franz Liszt: Consolation No.3 in D flat major
3. Franz Liszt: Piano Concerto No.1 in E Flat/Hungarian Rhapsody
4. Judy Garland & the Gordon Jenkins Orchestra: The Worst Kind of Man
5. Franz Lehár: Vilja (from The Merry Widow)
6. Ludwig Van Beethoven: Symphony No.5 in C minor
7. Carol Channing: Hello Dolly! (from Hello Dolly!)
8. Rex Harrison: I’ve Grown Accustomed to Her Face
Dirk chose The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss as his book and John Signer Sargent’s painting ‘Conversation Piece: The Sitwell Family’ as his luxury.